Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Beware The Frickles

Whilst en vacaciones with Mr. Floresta, I had occasion to eat at a joint called The Island Cow (Sanibel Island, FL). As I perused their menu, I noticed one very, very disturbing, yet intriguing selection.

Frickles.

"What, pray, are frickles?", you may ask yourself. Well, dear readers, Frickles are deep-fried dill pickle slices. And they are just as revolting as you might imagine. Given my ever-increasing loathing of one Kellie Pickler, I HAD to order them. How could I not? I owed it to myself ... and to you.

This little item is one of the wa-ha-hackiest food-ities that I've run across. What's the most peculiar thing you've seen on or ordered from a menu?

If nothing else, after having seen, ordered and consumed FRICKLES, I now have a choice new nickname for Pickler. I think it suits her.

No comments: