Saturday, March 18, 2006

Pick Me Up Before You Go-Go

As yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, a great many of us who are of legal drinking age (and ONLY us, I'm sure) spent time haunting the pubs, bars and taverns of this rhythm nation. After Mr. Floresta and I returned from the Regal Beagle last night, I got to thinking about some of the silly pick-up lines people had used on me in the past. Believe me, I've heard some doozies.

I want to hear from you, gentle readers. What is the WORST pickup line you've ever heard or used. Did it work?

Here are my two "Hall of Fame" lines (and yes, these were actually used on me by actual people):

"So, I'm looking at your elbow and I'm thinking to myself, 'What's a nice joint like that doing in a girl like her?'" (I immediately ran to the bathroom to produce the technicolor yawn)

And the granddaddy of them all ...

"If you were a candy store, my mouth would be full of cavities." (I shot him on sight. He just needed killin'. Now Earl's in the trunk.)

[NOTE: I'm just kidding about the killing part, of course. Don't get all excited.]

No comments: