Monday, March 6, 2006

"Predic-TIONS, PREDICTIONS!"

For whatever reason, everytime I say the word "predictions", I start singing music from Fiddler on the Roof. Wacky. But more on my geeky musical theatre issues later.

So, having dutifully consulted the Idol Tarot earlier today (well, not really, but my crystal ball is in the shop), I have many predictions for this week's installments of American Idol.

First, and this is the strongest image I'm getting ... lots of vibe here: the remaining 16 contestants will perform some monumentally cheesy group performance on Thursday night. I'm not sure why, I'm just sure it's going to happen!

*Editor's Note: Yes. I realize that they do this every week, so let me spare you from having to point it out. HA! See how I did that? I predicted something that we KNOW will happen. So, instead of posting a comment that goes something like "U dont no anthing" why not go to the dictionary and look up the word "satire". Thanks.

I think ... that Ryan, with the added confidence of having had a little 'manscaping' and some fresh highlights, will make some oblique reference to Paula's completely whacked-out behavior, but not actually call on her to apologize. Hmm. That wasn't funny, was it? (Maybe just a little.) Well, I guess Paula's behavior isn't really something to laugh at (at least, not to her face). No, seriously, I think she's got a problem and that she should address it before whatever reputation she has left gets flushed right down the crapper. And I mean that in the best possible way.

I think ... that Kinnick and Melissa really need to give the performances of their lives tomorrow, or they will be reduced to fodder for "Trivial Pursuit", as in "Who were the fifth and sixth females to get voted off of American Idol in Season 5?"

I think ... that Katharine is going to bring the house down tomorrow. I don't know why, it's just my gut feeling. I also feel like this is the week that Mandisa is going bring out the big guns. Her performances so far have been OKAY, but I know that she's got some serious pipes and she needs to open the floodgates.

I think ... that Ace will make great strides in making bedroom eyes.

I think ... that Taylor is going to be absolutely EN FUEGO (you can't stop him ... you can only hope to contain him) on Wednesday. He seemed pretty annoyed that the judges didn't like his performance of Easy last week, so I think that he's going to kick some serious tail in grand "SO THERE!" fashion.

I think ... that Kevin Covais should be packing his suitcase. Sorry. Just my opinion. Cute, geeky, gregarious and one heck of a ladies' man. Just not a stand-out singer.

I think ... that Simon is going to school The Gherkin on being too reliant on "the likeability factor" and tell her that she needs to step it up if she wants to remain competitive (the judges were good to her last week, so it's only fair that they knock her down a few pegs this week).
I think ... that Paris, Lisa, Chris, Gedeon, & Elliott will all give terrific performances this week (that was a stretch, huh?)

I think ... that these four people will be headed home come Thursday night:

Kinnik
Melissa
Kevin
Bucky

I feel pretty secure in my picks. I just can't see how any one of the other contestants will get the boot, even if they do give less-than-stellar performances. So far, I'm 7 for 8 (that Becky O'Donohue thing really threw me off, but gosh, I was so proud of America!) this round. Batting 0.875? Not bad.

What do YOU think will happen this week? Inquiring minds want to know (I want to know!)

No comments: